Healthy Treat for Healthy Teeth and Bones: Hazelnut Fig, and Coconut Recipe
This satisfying treat is made with all-natural ingredients. They are abundant in calcium, magnesium, and healthy protein, making them excellent fuel to build and maintain strong bones and teeth.
The following vitamins can be found in substantial amounts in hazelnut:- Calcium which is essential for healthy bones and teeth;- Iron, which has blood production function;- Zinc, which has an important role in the development of sexual hormones;- Potassium, which is necessary for the stimulation of nervous system and the properly functioning of muscle system
- 2 cups of raw hazelnuts, soaked in water for 5 hours, then dried in a towel and roughly chopped
- ½ Dates a cup, soaked in water for 1 hour, then drained
- ¼ Cocoa powder cup
- Water ¼ cup
- Dried figs 1 cup, soaked in water for 1 hour, then drained
- 1 cup of dried coconut
1. Use a food processor to bring together hazelnuts, figs, dates, cacao, and water.
2. Form mixture into small logs and roll in shredded coconut.
3. Refrigerate these hazelnut, fig, and coconut logs for at least 2 hours before serving.
Source: Dr. Ben Kim http://drbenkim.com